Category: Community

The Golden Gift of Peaceful Sleep ~ Kirtan Sohila

I have been listening to, or reciting Kirtan Sohila (evening Sikh prayer) my whole life. My first conscious memory of this prayer was when my stepfather, Sat Santokh would read Kirtan Sohila to me every night before going to sleep. I am grateful beyond any words I can come up with that my stepfather did this. There
Kirtan Sohila-Snatam

I am a Spiritual Warrior – Journey into the Heart of Sikh Dharma

Journey into The Heart of Sikh Dharma is a very special telecourse that is starting it’s 18th year in September. As part of the course, participants are asked to share their thoughts on many topics. One the those topics is their thoughts on what it means to be a Spiritual Warrior. The following are the
sikh woman warrior - double

Statement by SDI and the International Khalsa Council

As Sikhs, we believe in the equality and dignity of all human beings. Sikhs stand for truth, social justice and freedom for all.  Sikh Dharma International and the International Khalsa Council, a body of Sikh Ministers and leaders, stand united with all people of love and consciousness to speak out against the current US
In each of us

Self Esteem Begins with Self Control – Raising Children with Virtues and Values

By Jagat Guru Singh Khalsa and Saraswati Kaur Khalsa of  Miri Piri Academy. As shared in the KRI May 2018 Newsletter. Raising conscious children is a commitment that we, as Kundalini Yoga teachers, students, and parents, embrace wholeheartedly. In the previous newsletter we introduced the ten things that Yogi Bhajan said every parent
MPA students smiling

Journey into the Heart of Sikh Dharma – September 2018

Journey into the Heart of Sikh Dharma, a small group tele-course in its 18th year, is a unique opportunity to deepen your experience and understanding of Sikh Dharma, and to take a spiritual journey of transformation and inspiration. ​ ​ To bring your knowledge and experience to life,­­­ each session covers a different topic​,
Golden Temple-meditating

Journey into the Heart of Amrit: Part 4

For the last few weeks I have been meditating on commitment, and what it means to me. How am I able to make, and more importantly to keep, the commitments in my life? I have been having an intensive reflection on that, including how it manifests in different parts of my life.
GGS receiving amrit

Journey into the Heart of Amrit: Part 3

I have always experienced a certain feeling of gravity when I think of Amrit vows – I take the process and ceremony very seriously. While I have always felt an overwhelming love of the Guru, and the deepest gratitude that my soul came into the Sikh path during this lifetime, I have held off on
Photo by Ravitej Singh