Category: Community

Guru’s Seva

by SS Ram Dass Singh Khalsa, Espanola NM, Courtesy of the Summer 2017 Ministry Newsletter Once my noble daughter asked me who was in the picture on the wall in her room. I told her it was Guru Ram Das. She said, “Yes, but who is the person behind him waving the Chauri Sahib?” And
rds-polishing-1-1-399x480

Experiencing the Cozy and Thriving Energy of the Guru’s Home

Satkirin Kaur shares her experience of the April 2017 European Khalsa Spring Festival in Boizenburg, Germany Slowly, gently, drop by drop, the stream of nectar trickles down within. "Jhim Jhim Varasay Amrit Dhaaraa". Water trickling down the canal under the small foot bridge to enter Shabad Guru's new home in Europe.

Sikh Dharma Joins the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of the Sikh Foundation

The Sikh Foundation was established in 1967 to promote and preserve Sikh art, heritage, education, culture, and religion. Since its beginning, the Sikh Foundation has done amazing work.  Their list of accomplishments includes a long tradition of supporting museum exhibits about Sikhs around the world and sponsoring Sikh Studies in American universities. May 5th was
Group Photo

My Shawl…. My Sadhana

by Karta Purkh Singh, courtesy of MorningSadhana.org It is said in India, if you have a shawl, you have shelter. That of course says more about India than it does about shawls. In my travels to India I can’t count the number of obviously poor or stricken people who wear some kind of humble
Sikh man wearing shawl on the perkarma

Amrit Vela/ First Sadhana

by S.S Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, courtesy of MorningSadhana.org GURDWARA Sat Nam, Bowing to my Guru first thing after awakening and bathing My only prayer is gratitude Thank you I am here and you, my Guru are here Thank you for the safety of my journey Thank you
siri guru granth sahib

Bystanders, Your Time is Over!

Gender inequality has been always around. Really? Always? Let’s examine the history. According to the Babylonian Myth of Creation, creation is an act of violence. Violence was important and necessary to restore order over chaos. Marduk, depicted as a white-winged, beautiful, good male god slaughters Tiamat, the abyssal black bad female depicted as the
women marching in espanola