Category: Community

Enticement of the Heart

Excerpt from Snatam Kaur's blog on January 16, 2017 One morning during our winter break vacation, I sat meditating on a beach. The sound of the ocean, the spray of fresh air and the beautiful blue of the water and sky captured me. The Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas has thrived for thirty plus years
Costa Rica from Snatam blog

Winter Solstice Sadhana 1971

Winter Solstice Sadhana, Nineteen Seventy-One, We went to Florida to enjoy the sun At the ashram of Baba Siri Chand, Under the green trees, beside the pond. We set the camp and pitched our tents To enjoy, together, that great event. It was a beautiful day in the Sunshine State To construct the camp and
Radiant Body Sun

Ed O’Brien’s Mural at Hacienda de Guru Ram Das

It's interesting - if you study sacred art - that when a spiritual tradition moves into a new culture, that culture creates artwork which combines the symbols of the new religion with familiar symbols of their own. Study Buddhist art from India through to Japan and you'll see what I'm talking about. As the symbols
MURAL

Following the Echo of Laughter of Young Gobind Rai

There was an echo of laughter in the streets of Patna 350 years ago, when the amazing soul of Guru Gobind Singh Ji was born. Far from their familiar home in Punjab, Mata Gujri was traveling with her saintly husband and the ninth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib, on a teaching
guru gobind singh child

European Yoga Festival 2016

July 30 - August 7, 2016 At the European Yoga Festival site, Domaine de Fondjouan, the ancient forest wraps around the event, creating a wall of peaceful comfort. The old chateau rises above the ornamental lake with majesty as it overlooks the grassy field where we gather each day for early morning Sadhana.
eyf-2016

Evolution of Consciousness

by SS Dr. Kartar Singh Khalsa DOM, Santa Fe NM Fall 2016 As we go through the evolutionary process of consciousness, our souls develop the capacity to experience life more thoroughly through the Subtle Body. The Subtle Body—being the container for the soul and the sensory organ of the soul—gives us the capacity
evolution-620x300

My Favorite Mantra: Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru

by Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa I have a great personal attachment and affection for this mantra, because Yogi Bhajan taught it to me in December of 1968, when my 19 year old son was in serious trouble. Yogiji told me, “There is nothing more powerful in the world than the prayer of a mother for
shaktiparwhak_200