Category: Community

Mural of the Golden Temple

In 1980, before I became a Sikh, I did a painting I called “Happy Hour”. In the painting my Kundalini yoga teacher, Sat Nam Singh, was sitting, clothed, on a bench at a bus stop surrounded by several figures wearing only clown make-up and accessories. Though the figures were obviously nude, all significant anatomical parts
HS-mural

Painting the Divine

The New Mexico History Museum in Santa Fe has a new exhibit called “Painting the Divine” centered around a collection of Images of the Virgin Mary in the New World. The event planners of the museum asked me if they would be able to view the mural painted by Ed O’Brien in the Siri Singhasan

Meditation at Xiamen First Middle School

Provided by Gurubachan Singh (Seva translation by Ms. Chen Yichen) In the afternoon of March 29th, Gurubachan Singh accepted the invitation of Xiamen First Middle School and presented a splendid speech to senior high school students who are enduring great pressures of preparing for university entrance examinations. Those students were all amazed at
Nanning-300x199

Los Angeles Baisakhi 2014

Espanola, New Mexico Sangat Members, Sat Kirtan Kaur and Siri Sadhana Singh share inspiring words on their experiences of seva at the Los Angeles Baisakhi Day Celebration. Sat Kirtan Kaur Baisakhi is my favorite event of the year. While I deeply love Solstice, White Tantric Yoga days and the Guru Ram Das
photo-16-300x225

The Beauty of Song of the Khalsa

This article was originally published in the November, 1995 issue of Prosperity Paths.  It is a beautiful description by S.S. Shanti Kaur Khalsa of Song of the Khalsa being sung at the first World Sikh Conference in Amritsar in 1995.  It is very vivid description and worth republishing..... The heat swirled around the people as the fans
song-of-the-khalsa