- This event has passed.
Yoga Therapy for the Structural System in Los Angeles
March 17, 2016 - March 20, 2016
An event every month that begins at 12:00am on day Second of the month, repeating until April 17, 2016
Yoga Therapy for the Structural System with Sherry Brourman, Physical Therapist and Yoga Therapist
March 17, 18, 19 & 20 and April 14, 15, 16 & 17, 2016
Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Sunday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Indigo Lab Los Angeles 7466 Beverly Blvd LA, CA 90036
In this 8 day, 2-part training you will experience the therapeutic power of yoga. Sherry presents the structural forms of the moving body and introduces common imbalances that lead to injuries and pain.
We will review key muscles and joint movements through asana and experiential exercises.
We’ll explore Yoga Therapy approaches to common injuries and ailments of the musculoskeletal system, including low back, hip, knee, foot, shoulder, wrist and neck.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand various contributors, including the manner of breathing to musculoskeletal ailment, injuries and pain.
- Appreciate the different roles of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and cartilage in musculoskeletal discomforts.
- Assess students structurally to create treatment choices for recovery from structural ailments, injuries and pain.
- Understand the therapeutic application of asana for structural ailments, injuries and pain recovery.
- Create a yoga program to help bring the body into balance and recovery.
Sherry Brourman, PT is the author of Walk Yourself Well, She specializes in walking, gait therapy, and yoga therapy as treatment modalities.
Sherry offers innovative rehabilitation & treatment options for her patients and clients.
Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD brings the ancient teachings of Kundalini Yoga into modern medicine.
Under the guidance of Yogi Bhajan she developed and directs the 1,000 hour IAYT accredited International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training.
Approved for 68.4 contact hours for nurses as required by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider #CEP 13960 and for 57 Continuing Education Credits by IKYTA and Yoga Alliance.
Yoga Therapy for the Structural System is part of the 1,000-hour International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training. Although portions of this training are from the tradition of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, Yoga Teachers from all traditions will benefit from this fundamental workshop that puts anatomy in motion.
For more information contact Ravi Har Kaur
firstname.lastname@example.org Toll free 800-326-1322
To register go to this link,