- This event has passed.
Yogic Science to Break Habits and Addictive Behavior, a Weekend Immersion course
September 30, 2016 - October 2, 2016
SuperHealth presents a multidisciplinary education and training program providing yogic therapeutic technology to address breaking habits and addictive behavior. Upon completion of the weekend, participants are able to incorporate what they have learned to both professional and personal settings in the transformation from recovery to self-discovery.
Friday Evening: Opening Seminar
Curb the Urge: Food & Relationships Issues
as authentically taught by Yogi Bhajan
Friday, September 30th, 2016 – 6 pm to 9 pm
SuperHealth® offers a revolutionary approach to breaking habits and addictive behavior combining Kundalini yoga and meditation along with nutrition awareness, including specific therapeutic juice formulas for detoxification and rehabilitation. This 5,000 year old technology is precise and scientific.
Healthy relationships and their multi-faceted dynamics are easier said than done! Often we love too much and find it difficult to set boundaries. We can feel hurt or disappointed when we expect too much from others, whether it be a spouse, friend, employee or neighbor. It’s not our intention, however it happens. Food is basic to our survival and one of our first learning experiences. Compulsive, irrational and uncontrolled eating are self-depriving factors linked to self-respect, endurance and self-determination. Hurt, sadness, frustration or any “uncomfortable’ feeling get “stuffed away” and become an entrenched behavior pattern.
Learn positive coping mechanisms for healthier life choices with Kundalini yoga and meditation. The use of mantra or Sound Affirmation therapy works with the psychological clearance of the subconscious mind, re-calibrating blocks and memories in the psyche.
With Mukta Kaur you will have fun in this class and adjust your own level of vibrancy. Most of all, experience a completeness within your own self and connection to your spiritual vitality. Feel good and be the hope of your own life!
You will learn:
- Identification of unconscious triggers and the impact of addictive behavior on relationships
- Understand how Kundalini Yoga strengthens the nervous, glandular, circulatory and digestive system which is directly affected by substances, stress and outside sensory distractions
- Foods that promote health and healing to expedite detoxification of toxins and enhance the rehabilitation process
- Re-calibrate addictive patterning and its imprint on the psyche
$45.00 per person
Yogic Therapeutic Technology for Addictive Behavior
Saturday, October 1, 2016 to Sunday, October 2, 2016
9:30 am to 5:30 pm each day
As professionals we frequently find that people who are vulnerable to addictive patterns have spent their lives looking outside themselves for a quick fix. While it has become common knowledge that the real answers lie within, to find suitable therapeutic tools continues to be a challenge both to the mental healthcare professional and the afflicted patient.
This training with Mukta Kaur, Director of SuperHealth®, provides a holistic approach, meditation and yogic techniques, as well as an overview of established therapeutic treatments, to help professionals and clients deal with addictive behavior patterns as they transition from recovery to self-discovery.
The experiential seminar includes the following components:
- The Addictive Personality and the Exploitation of Hope
- Touching the Human Spirit: Practical Applications
- The Analytic Technician of the Teachings
- From Recovery to Self Discovery
- Nutrition Restoration: Food Metabolism; Blood Chemistry
- Specific Therapeutic Formulas with juice recipes and diets
- Power point presentation
- Component of SuperHealth: Physiology and Psychology
- Small group Process
- Yoga Set combat addictions with detoxify, cleansing, rehabilitation effects
- DVD Anger and Fear with Yogi Bhajan
- Science of Addiction: Crack Cocaine, Marijuana, Smoking, Alcohol
- Relaxation and Breathing Techniques
- Celestial communication Therapy
- Peer and Community Support (Focus Groups, Counseling Therapy)
- Teaching skills and practices for mental health professionals, caregivers and individuals with addiction
SuperHealth successfully addresses addictive behaviors such as alcohol and drugs, smoking, eating disorders, co-dependency, and stress disabilities. Using natural holistic techniques of Kundalini Yoga, meditation, nutrition and diet, the mind becomes controlled with greater focus and the body detoxified with specific formulas for cleansing and rehabilitation.
$325.00 per person for the full weekend (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday).
Early Bird SAVINGS! Sign up before August 1st, 2016 and SAVE $30.00 for $295.00 per person.
This weekend is open for all Yoga Teachers and students of any style of Yoga.
SuperHealth is an NAADAC approved provider of continuing education for addiction professionals and counselors; Mukta Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D. provider #103382 and the Holistic Nurses Association 12.16 CNE Contact Hours, Approval #1130.