Full Time Position
Location: 3HO Office in Espanola, New Mexico
Travel: Some travel required, including Winter Solstice in Florida
Must be a US citizen or have the required documentation to work in the US.
The Events Coordinator is a full time 40 hour per week position on-site in Espanola, New Mexico. Responsibilities include logistics and administrative tasks related to the management and development of all 3HO events including Summer Solstice, Winter Solstice, International Women's Camp, Khalsa Youth Camp and Peace Prayer Day. Just prior to and during events this position will require extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
Minimum travel and the ability to camp and live at the 3HO event locations for extended periods during event operations is required for the position.
This position reports to the Events Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with Events Director and events support staff to upgrade, update or implement new policies, procedures and systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all event areas.
- Improve and monitor Event Department performance and efficiency through reporting and project management.
- Support the process of evaluating and improving event operations and event needs both strategically and financially for future years' planning.
- Assist in preparing budgets for all event projects.
- Assist in managing expenses before and during events to stay within budgets and complete relevant invoices and PO's.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event-related operations.
- Support RFP (proposal) process working with potential and existing event suppliers to build relationship and negotiate best prices and services.
- Compose, proofread and edit correspondence materials and event forms.
- Create and maintain communication tools and reports specialized for event management created in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Aventri (Registration) and Salesforce (CRM).
- Review event web content and oversee to completion update requests.
- Post Event Wrap Up - Assist with close-out tasks including processing outstanding supplier invoices; overseeing post event survey content development and post event survey data evaluation; work on agenda for post event wrap-up staff meetings.
- Communicate efficiently with all 3HO team members including contractors, exchanges and volunteer staff.
- Work in collaboration with the other 3HO departments to align and support event and interdepartmental offerings.
- Assist in running the Solstice events and other events in an operational oversight capacity. Multi-task and manage changing priorities and frequent interruptions with a high level of accuracy in a stressful environment.
- Assist with and learn from the Events Director: On-site Event Setup, Live Event Production and Event Breakdown for both Summer and Winter Solstice. In the event that an experienced Solstice Setup Manager is not secured, the Events Coordinator will manage Solstice Setup and Breakdown Teams.
- Event Staffing - Make timely initial contact with Solstice event area managers. Recruit Solstice area managers as needed and support them to recruit team members. Assist with training and grooming the event volunteer leadership team to best serve 3HO events.
- Support the overseeing of event contractor coordinators, exchanges and volunteers to successfully complete their operational duties for the Solstice events.
Supplier Relations and Ordering
- Contact event suppliers in a timely manner and communicate 3HO's needs. Place orders with Event Suppliers for the following needs, including but not limited to food, vehicles, radios, tents, toilets, showers, supplies.
Other duties as deemed necessary by 3HO Director of Events.
Skills and Qualifications
- Committed to the larger vision of 3HO
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honest, truthful and credible
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to analyze and solve a problem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the required documentation to work in the U.S.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted through March 15, 2019.
Please include the title of the position, Events Coordinator, in the subject line of your email.
Include your resume and two paragraphs describing why you are inspired by and qualified for this position.