Akal is looking for a seasoned, dynamic individual to provide leadership to its growing Accounting and Finance department of 15 Employees and to support Akal’s diversified business portfolio and growth into new business ventures.
The company is seeking an individual with experience and expertise in GAAP standards and US Federal government contracting with strong computing, budget forecasting, and general accounting skills to join the existing team of long term employees.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Financial Reporting and Analysis activities of the company and ensure their accuracy, compliance and timeliness.
- Prepare budget projections for all profit centers and overhead annually while keeping up to date with any significant or material changes in contract conditions.
- Direct and provide leadership to accounts payable; accounts receivables; tax administration; payroll and accounting staff.
- Maintain documented internal controls and audit procedures to ensure proper financial management. Conduct reviews of business processes to ensure integrity of financial systems and consistency of their application.
- Manage and coordinate all external financial audits (banks, 401k, annual audit statements).
- Oversee and manage cash management and banking functions.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Management.
SKILL AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years of experience in areas of financial reporting, general ledger management, and financial analysis at a managerial level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institute of higher education.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP standards related to privately-held, for-profit companies.
- Strong financial planning and analysis capabilities and proficient in data analysis techniques.
- Effective presentation and communications skills to include ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex financial matters to various audiences.
- Computer skills including Excel and accounting programs.
- CPA – active member.
- Five years as a Controller or equivalent at a mid-sized company.
- Experience with Win Team financial systems.
- Corporate connections to help business development find new business opportunities.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURE COMPLIANCE
Akal Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Akal Group is a VEVRAA Compliant Federal Contractor.
Applicants selected for this position will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.