Akal Security specializes in providing security for critical federal government facilities, state and local government agencies and military installations. Our Mission is to be a global leader in the security industry and a trusted partner to our clients, our employees, our communities and our nation.
Our Vision is that Akal Security will be a leader in the growth of global security and support services. We will strengthen our nation and the world by serving International Governments and global businesses with integrity and value.
Primary Purpose and Functions
This position manages all functions associated with the administration of multiple employee benefit programs for unionized and non-unionized business units. Includes but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, long term disability insurance (LTD), basic and voluntary life insurance, administration of health and welfare, health savings accounts, employee assistance program (EAP), wellness clinics, and accounts reconciliation. Coordinates annual open enrollments. Ensures compliance with and systems development for meeting reporting requirements as mandated by state and federal laws to include Affordable Care Act (ACA). Full engagement with the operation of HR Information System, benefits section (Winteam). 401-k administration working closely with TPA. Maintain positive relationships with all internal and external customers. Assist Director of Human Resources with special projects administration.
Note: This position requires a good understanding of Accounting and Finance principles.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee timely and accurate administration of multiple benefit programs;
- Maintain state and federal compliance oversight and systems;
- Execute timely facilitation of Open Enrollment(s), HRIS setup and auditing;
- Maintains benefit records by utilizing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes
- Very strong organizational skills. Responsible for organization and systems to include: Filing, Invoicing, Bill Reconciliation, Open Enrollments, Benefit Summaries, deduction and enrollment audits.
- Strong Accounting experience required, to include reconciliation of accounts, financial tracking, and reporting of financial data.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
- Coordinate and correspond with various internal and external customers, such as external agencies and benefit plan administrators (external); directors, departments and staff (internal).
- Analyze the flow of employee benefits data and develops internal procedures, guidance, and training for staff to facilitate the timely and accurate update of employee information and benefits records.
- Identify necessary changes in business processes to ensure efficient and accurate workflow and the best utilization of system capabilities in order to meet business needs. Partner with HR staff to develop and implement improved processes.
- Identifies changing systems needs due to legal or contractual changes affecting benefits.
- Researches and evaluates complex benefit issues; develops effective solutions and options; develops costing and implementation proposals.
- Participates in strategic planning for human resource functions and services; recommends goals and objectives and oversees and/or participates in the development and implementation of human resources\policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements short and long-term work-plans and sets priorities.
- Positive interaction with a diverse population of staff and customers of diverse backgrounds, learning styles and socio economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ensuring funds for the Akal and Coastal Health and Welfare Benefits Program are paid to third party within 14 days from the end of the pay period.
- Facilitating the payment of the Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and supplemental insurance bills for Akal, Coastal and union specific coverage, to include 401-k and Health and Welfare payments.
- Ensures deduction setup for all benefit programs are correct and properly administered.
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Benefits administration at a managerial level - 2 plus years.
- Working knowledge of HRIS or other benefits tracking systems.
- Computer proficiency MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experienced with Electronic Filing concepts and procedures.
- Highly Organized and proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to understand and explain benefit related concepts to employees.
Preferred Qualification, Knowledge, and Skill
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional certification: World at Work compensation, SHRM-CP, PHR or SPHR.
- Federal Contractor Benefits Administration experience to include payment and reconciliation of invoicing – 4 plus years
- 6 Credit hours in Accounting (verifiable).
- 2 year degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field (Specialized Certification Accreditation in Benefits may substitute).
- Experience working with insurance broker and third-party administrator.
- Understanding of Service Contract Act, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills essential.
- Must be able to work with vendors and third-party providers via: phone; electronic and in person with professional presentation.
Accountability and Measures
- Successfully provide high level service to employees and venders, including courteous, accurate and timely responses.
- Timely, accurate, thorough payment and administration of all bills, prevailing wage and benefit related matters.
- Associate's Degree (Preferred)
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Credit Check
Akal Security is a VEVRRA compliant Federal Contractor and an equal opportunity employer. We will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.