The chief financial officer position is accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The ultimate goal of the CFO is to protect the company’s revenues and assets to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction, financial strategies and tactical initiatives and monitor and help direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and provide a check and balance between the Administrative Manager and KIIT’s accounting firm.
- Create and oversee the annual budget for KIIT, along with the Administrative Manager.
- Manage the relationship and account managers from KIIT’s accounting firm and oversee and approve monthly and quarterly bank reconciliations and financial statements before publishing to the KIIT Board and staff.
- Maintain key relationships with KIIT’s banks and oversee accounts management, authorization of check signers etc.
- Manage KIIT cash investments and forecasts, foster relationships with investment firms, and develop and maintain a sound investment strategy that balances growth and stability.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations, including KIT India.
- Prepare and submit summarized quarterly financial reports to KIIT from its subsidiaries.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations on special financial reports and/or proposals for KIIT and its subsidiaries.
- Oversee KIIT’s accounting firm on financial reporting and taxes for KIIT. Sign tax returns and develop tax strategies for the company.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for KIIT.
- Secure banking and equity investment for new KIIT projects and assist in the oversight of new business investments to maximize return.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and participate in acquisition negotiations.
- Act as the Treasurer for the KIIT Board and attend KIIT Board meetings, as necessary.
- Implement operational best practices and construct and monitor reliable controls.
- Develop and implement new financial reporting systems, as directed by the KIIT Board.
- Other related duties as they develop, and are agreed upon by the KIIT board.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Degree in Finance or Financial Management. Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role.
In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices. Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
CPA is a strong advantage. BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
Experience with business finance, company management, and new company start-ups. Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software. Ability to strategize and solve problems. Strong leadership and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills. Strong, analytical mind.
Monthly/quarterly financial reports to the KIIT Board.