The Customer Logistics Manager is responsible for management of the order to delivery process as well as managing the Customer Service team. This role interacts extensively with all functional departments of the organization as well as our customer network which includes brokers, distributors and retailers.
This role acts as the voice of the customer to the internal team, up to and including, communicating and recording compliance requirements throughout the order to delivery process. This hands-on, working manager role is actively involved in the day-to-day needs and operations of the business.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
LEADERSHIP 25% OF TIME
- Manage the daily operations of the Customer Service Department, including the oversight of department budget, personnel development, and training and performance evaluations of the customer service team.
- Act as liaison between Sales & Marketing team / Customers / Operations to support new and existing customer initiatives
- Setting departmental standards, including service level commitments.
- Develop and maintain departmental Work Instructions and SOPs
ORDER MANAGEMENT 50% OF TIME
- Direct creation and maintenance of Customer Account Master Guide and Customer Master Logistics Pricelist
- Leads continuous improvement partnerships and efforts with IT related to order management, EDI processing and customer service workflow systems.
- Oversee and support Customer order management in setting and maintaining pricing in ERP and AFS Trade Pro systems.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and non-compliance charge-backs to prevent recurrence, mitigate financial impact to business and enhance customer satisfaction
- Oversee Customer Out of Stock response & escalation process
SUPPLY CHAIN & COMPLIANCE 25% OF TIME
- Primary reporting required in this role includes OS&D, Fill Rate and Order Demand by warehouse. Tracing root cause for charge backs or fines such as misloading, improper paperwork, rejections, inaccurate load counts, shrinkage or carrier delays.
- Review and capture Routing Guides to ensure compliance with customer documentation, shipping, packaging, and labelling requirements
- Manage 3PL relationship to drive continuous improvement, and adherence to SLAs while partnering with East West Tea Transportation to control costs
- Partnering with Quality for all aspects of customer compliance, including audits, documents, customer portal maintenance and food safety recall process.
- Overseeing the maintenance of existing GDSN data pools (1WorldSync US and GS1 Canada) and partnering with brokers and sales to provide consistent and accurate item master data
- Ability to ask great questions
- Process information quickly and conceptually
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and come up with alternative solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Manipulate, analyze and present data from multiple sources and across various formats
- Self-directed - Ability to take initiative, plan, and execute tasks independently and apply sound judgement
- Ability to balance attention to detail and swift execution
- Successfully manage competing priorities and expectations of stakeholders to maximize resources to drive and achieve desired outcomes
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to be persuasive and negotiate
- Ability to present well
- Builds relationships quickly and easily
- Recognizes and fosters development of team
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Customer Scorecard programs such as Walmart OTIF and Target Partners Online
- International export and customs requirements
- Food Safety and Quality Control and traceability management
- GS1 guidelines and Item Master Data
- B2B customer service and/or account management
- Retail food distribution and warehousing
- Customer warehouse consolidation programs or similar 3PL partnerships
- Experience with strategic planning efforts and translating corporate goals into customer service policies required.
- KPI reporting
- New customer contract review
- MS Office Suite
- ERP Systems (Oracle, EXACT Globe or SAP)
- EDI Workflow
- CRM Systems (Sales Force)
- Working knowledge of AFS (Trade Pro or similar trade spend system)
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Sitting at work stations for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 20 lbs. (infrequently)
- Work is primarily done in an office setting
- Frequent warehouse environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts and fluctuations in temperature
- B.A. in business, management, supply chain, sales/marketing or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience in CPG, Food & Beverage Supply Chain industry
- 5 years of customer service and logistics management experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt (or similar lean principle program) certificate highly desired
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each persons’ individuality and unique talents. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.