Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Summarizes financial status by collecting information, reconciling accounts, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements. Provides support to Financial Planning and Analysis Supervisor.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
POSTING TRANSACTIONS 33.3 % Of Time
- Processing Biweekly Payroll transactions; Month end payroll accruals, PTO, benefits & 401k payments.
- Process monthly and annual accruals.
- Process marketing accruals.
- Maintain fixed asset registers and depreciation schedules
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
RECONCILING CYCLE 33.3% Of Time
- Prepare various reports such as property tax returns, state sales tax reports, quarterly loan covenant compliance and others as needed.
- Maintain monthly detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
TROUBLESHOOTING SYSTEMS 33.3% Of Time
- Troubleshoot sub-ledgers and activity in accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, production and other key accounts.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide detailed analysis and explanations on key variance.
- Assist in annual audit process and work paper support documentation.
- Provide support with various reporting and accounting processes.
- Ability to ask great questions
- Process information quickly and conceptually
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and come up with alternative solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Manipulate, analyze and present data from multiple sources and across various formats
- Ability to take initiative, plan, and execute tasks independently
- Ability to balance attention to detail and swift execution
- Successfully manage competing priorities and expectations of stakeholders
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to be persuasive and negotiate
- Ability to present well
- Builds relationships quickly and easily
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Issue and receive direction in a constructive and professional manner.
- Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Implementing and maintaining internal control environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Data analysis, reporting and problem solving.
- Overall accounting functions.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite (specifically strong excel skills), WMS, MRP, ERP. Knowledge of Exact Globe Next ERP system a plus.
- Work Environment:
- Work is done primarily in an office setting which may involve frequent exposure to production environment which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, forklifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Report to 1325 Westec Drive, Eugene, Oregon, daily for work schedule
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on an infrequent basis
- 5 years of experience in general ledger accounting.
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting.
- Manage multiple projects with commitment to meeting deadlines.
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each persons’ individuality and unique talents. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.