Supervising Purchasing Agent
- Do you like problem solving?
- Do you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and doing the work?
- Do you enjoy collaborating and working with a variety of teams?
- Can you lead and inspire people?
At Yogi, we believe the purpose of business is to serve. We were founded on this belief and it serves as our guiding principle, “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” Yogi has continued to expand and evolve our tea offerings to address specific needs by creating specialized herbal formulas, blended for both flavor and purpose. Today, Yogi has over 60 tea blends, many of which are created using the five original Yogi spices. Yogi teas are available in natural, grocery and mass market stores in the US and Canada as well as in Europe and Japan.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Yogi Tea’s Procurement department is searching for an energetic, knowledgeable and seasoned Purchasing Agent with Supervisory experience to join our team. The Supervising Purchasing Agent is a hands-on role responsible for providing primary support to buyers with daily issue resolution, creative problem solving and vendor relationship management. The ideal candidate will have experience leveraging sound judgement, well-honed negotiation skills and strong business acumen to form collaborative, effective relationships with internal and external partners.
Beyond execution of day-to-day procurement activities, this role will manage projects as assigned and provide back up for the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
Supply Chain Responsibilities 80% time
- Serve as first line resource for Buyers with issue resolution and strategy development
- Trouble-shoot, quantify and resolve supply disruptions while keeping senior management informed
- Use discernment to inform appropriate stake holders of supply chain risks
- Manage carton inventory levels to support manufacturing schedule; includes scheduling weekly deliveries from multiple suppliers
- Monitor MRP and generate purchase orders to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Support new material/supplier qualification process
- Maintain regulatory compliance and supporting supplier documentation
- Manage material rejections and vendor returns process with appropriate financial tie outs
- Additional duties as needed to support business objectives
Strategy and Performance Responsibilities 20% time
- Contribute to execution of departmental objectives and continuous improvement
- Execute risk/cost reduction strategies with demonstrated results
- Contribute to cross functional team projects
- Communicate complex situations to appropriate stakeholders
Ask effective questions
Process information quickly and conceptually
Think quickly on your feet and come up with alternative solutions
Solve problems while maintaining relationships
Use Analytics to inform decision making
Manipulate, analyze and present data from multiple sources and across various formats
Self-directed and heavily collaborative
Take initiative, plan, and execute tasks independently
Balance attention to detail and swift execution
Remain positive and productive when dealing with conflict
Confront ambiguity to manage expectations of stakeholders
Successfully manage competing priorities
Communicate Clearly and Listen Effectively
Be persuasive and negotiate with desired outcome
Present well to diverse audiences
Builds relationships quickly and easily
Strong listening skills
Ability to collaborate effectively
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ERP and report writing
- Performance Management Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- GMP’s and CFR Part 111 Dietary Supplement Regulations
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant buying/procurement experience
- Vendor Management and negotiation
- Purchasing and production planning
- Prior management/supervisory responsibilities of procurement function
- Food and Dietary Supplement experience (preferred)
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Sitting at work stations for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 20 lbs. (infrequently)
- Work is primarily done in an office setting
- Frequent warehouse environment exposure which includes noise, dust,
- moving machinery, fork lifts and fluctuations in temperature
- Reports to Supply Chain Manager
- No direct supervision exercised
- Position is located in Eugene, Oregon
- Travel up to 20% of the time (domestic and international)
Yogi is an exciting culture to work in and has a very competitive benefit package.
To apply please go to: email@example.com/careers