On August 27, 2022, via Zoom, Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa will present a most compelling and exquisite three-hour workshop on “The Art of Jiwan Mukht – Experiencing Liberation while Alive.” This workshop will be experiential and interactive. All people are welcome and can benefit from these ancient, sacred teachings!
Dr. Jivan Joti will present information on the 5 aspects of Jiwan Mukht:
- Freedom, wisdom and the experience of God or the Infinite Self can be realized while we are still alive.
- The consciousness in which we live will follow us to death and beyond. Fear and other mental states can keep us shackled to our ego, which gives us the experience of hell on earth. Forgiveness gives us the experience of heaven on earth.
- Life is not today and death tomorrow. Both exist right now. We can either say “yes” or “no” to life. Each of us must ask the question, “Am I living or am I dying?” Course participants will explore things like taking risks in life, living our destiny and healing our regrets.
- As God-conscious beings, we are in the world. Everything we do can be done with a consciousness of Seva. Course participants will look at the difference between Seva and charity. They will also look at what it means to live one’s mission and leave a legacy.
- We prepare for death by how we live. The quality of our life will depend upon our understanding and preparation for death.
Some of the graduates from Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur’s Level 1 Training on “The Dying into Life Journey” will be assisting Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur in teaching, and will also give a testimonial about this training (which will be offered again in January 2023) and the book, Dying Into Life (Second Edition), which will be released soon!
Title: The Art of Jiwan Mukht: Experiencing Liberation While Alive
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2022
Time: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. EDT
Cost: Workshop is by donation – click here to make a donation to SDI Dasvandh
After registering through Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
About Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa
S.S. JivanJoti Kaur Khalsa PhD in Psychology/Counseling, has studied Kundalini Yoga and Meditation since 1970. She is a KRI certified Level 1, 2 and 3 Trainer. She is also a Level III certified Sat Nam Rasayan Instructor and Healer and has been a Sikh Minister since 1974. She has authored three books: The Art of Making Sex Sacred, Editions 1 and 2; Dying Into Life: The Yoga of Death, Loss and Transformation, Editions 1 and 2; and A Million Rays of Light: The Yoga of Aging and Chronic Illness. Her latest and probably last contribution to her mission is a Dying into Life training – a yogic/eastern based death-doula type program on how to die consciously and help another as well. Her first training will be for those who want to be trainers in the program. For more information, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dying into Life: The Yoga of Death, Loss and Transformation
The experience of death can be described as either a wall or a door. As a wall, death is simply the disorganization of material matter and the end of all possibility of life. As a door, what is real need not be equated with what is material; thus the dissolution of the physical body is not the end of the process. If we imagine that we are merely physical, death will be a wall. If we recognize that we are more than the body, death will be a door. Death becomes the door through which the soul enters into a time of transition.
Life teaches us that our journey cannot be mapped or controlled. But with training, we can prepare ourselves to view and respond to our challenges with more grace and inner serenity. Dying Into Life will give you such training. It is a practical yogic guide to life, death and transformation.