We, the Members of the Khalsa Council of Sikh Dharma, exist to serve God, Siri Guru Granth Sahib, Sadh Sangat and all of humanity.
We acknowledge our responsibility to provide leadership to Sikh Dharma and we commit to live, spread, preserve and protect the teachings of Sikh Dharma as embodied in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and according to the Rehit Maryada of the Father of the Sovereign Khalsa Spiritual Nation, Siri Guru Gobind Singh.
The children are the foundation of the Nation; therefore, we shall provide for them and guide them to become Sons and Daughters of Guru Gobind Singh.
Further, we shall develop and make available resources and methodology to increase the financial prosperity of the members of Sikh Dharma, so they may gracefully serve the Khalsa Nation and Humanity.
Members' Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to the Sovereign Khalsa Spiritual Nation,
which shall live to obey the Will of God,
serve humanity with love and peace
and spread the radiance of the Holy Nam
as given by Guru Nanak through Guru Gobind Singh
and embodied in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib,
so that the children of the Khalsa and all of their generations to follow
may ever live in the spiritual sovereignty of Khalsa.
International Khalsa Council Statement
As Sikhs, we believe in the equality and dignity of all human beings. Sikhs stand for truth, social justice and freedom for all.
The International Khalsa Council, a body of Sikh Ministers and leaders, stands united with all people of love and consciousness to:
- Honor and protect the right of each human being to live a healthy, happy and fulfilled life.
- Respect the equality and dignity of all living beings.
- Welcome and embrace the diversity of all humankind.
- Honor the dignity, divinity and grace of women.
- Protect and care for the environment
Together we are working towards a more loving, just and peaceful world.
Conscious Communication Guidelines
- Speak for yourself, using “I think,” “I feel,” or “In my opinion,” when expressing yourself to the group, rather than attempting to express the opinion of the whole group.
- Take responsibility for your feelings. No one can make you feel anything you do not choose to accept.
- When another person is speaking, listen and demonstrate your presence and engagement verbally or non-verbally.
- Speak to elevate, be honest and establish a shared compassion and reality.
- Speak from your own heart, take ownership of each word as it expresses your heart and reality, not that of others.
- Be aware of your personal assumptions, preconceptions and beliefs and use the neutral mind to fully let in the infinite possibilities of the moment and honor the reality of the other.
- Express and welcome divergent viewpoints (agree to disagree) with the techniques of harmonious communication.
- Be as succinct as possible.
- One conversation at a time.
- Keep discussion oriented towards solutions and highest good.
- Focus conversation on people who are present.
- Kindness in communication is always well received and can help you make your points clearly.