In service to our mission statement, the Office of the Secretary of Religion supports a global community of Sikh Dharma Ministers. Our Office provides administrative services, educational and outreach programs, Minister Candidate processing, and Sikh Dharma Minister resources. For the past 45 years, the Office of the Secretary of Religion has supported the growth of Sikh Dharma in the West. The Office of the Secretary of Religion is responsible for the administration of the Ministry in co-operation with the Chancellor of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation. The role of the Office of the Secretary of Religion includes ministering to the Ministry of Sikh Dharma so the Ministry can in turn minister to the Sadh Sangat and the world.
In support of the vital role of Sikh Dharma Ministers and to serve the mission of Sikh Dharma and the Siri Singh Sahib, the Office of the Secretary of Religion provides the following:
- Annual credentialing of ordained Sikh Dharma Ministers
- Maintaining Minister administrative records and legal documents
- Creating resources and training tools for our global Sikh Dharma Ministry
- Supporting and facilitating our global Regional Minister Coordinator program
- Processing New Minister Candidate applications
- Supporting the development of Ministers around the world
- Publishing a quarterly Ministry newsletter
- Organizing global Minister gatherings three times a year
- Interacting and working with Sikh Dharma International, 3HO, IKYTA, and KRI
- Maintaining our Minister code of conduct, standards, and ethical practices
- Managing the financial administration of the Office
Our goal is to offer effective and efficient administrative services for the Sikh Dharma Ministry and to involve Ministers on a geographic and global level by responding to their priorities, concerns, needs, and requests. We work with Ministers around the world so they can serve humanity. The Office of the Secretary of Religion is served by the Secretary of Religion, an Assistant Secretary of Religion, and an Executive Assistant.
SS Dr. Sat Kaur Khalsa has served the Sikh Dharma Ministry as Secretary of Religion since 1991. “I see each Minister as a unique “patch” of a quilt with their God-given gifts sewn together by the Shabad Guru to be able to cover the needs of sangat and the world,” she says. “As Ministers, I see us as stewards of the direct teachings given by the Siri Singh Sahib on Sikh Dharma. We have an etheric connection to the lineage of Guru Amar Das, who founded the first Sikh ministry system. Our roots are deep. From our spiritual roots, our Ministry will help uplift our sangats and humanity as they evolve in consciousness. It is my hope and prayer that God and Guru ever bless us and keep us in His light and love.”