Founded as a non-profit organization by Yogi Bhajan, the long-term mission of the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology is to bring the techniques of Kundalini Yoga as a treatment modality into the health care field, just as other methods such as acupuncture and chiropractic services have been integrated in the recent years.
This is accomplished by:
- Teaching Kundalini Yoga and Meditation to those with life-threatening or chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, HIV disease, cancer, heart disease, chronic pain, depression and life transitions. Friends and family members are included in all our programs.
- Training nurses, doctors, psychologists and other health care professionals to use Kundalini Yoga and Meditation as part of their patients’ treatment plan.
- Providing specialized training to KRI certified yoga teachers worldwide, so they may knowledgeably and safely instruct yoga and mediation to people with illness.
- Conducting research on the medical effects of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation.
- Building a global network of health care professionals, yoga teachers, and yoga and meditation researchers to provide competent, appropriate, research informed instruction in Kundalini Yoga to those recovering from illness.