Through The Guru Granth Sahib Project, people around the world can build a deeper connection that they couldn’t before.
The Sikh Research Institute recently launched an ambitious, historic, and never-before-seen initiative – the Guru Granth Sahib Project. The project involves a team of over 35 scholars and translators based in different locations all around the world. It is expected to take over 20 years to complete the project.
- Annotation: the team is analyzing the meaning of each word of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, using etymology and history.
- Translation: the team is doing a literal translation of each line after the annotation process.
- Interpretation: the team is creating interpretations with the utmost context for understanding based on the annotation process.
- Commentary: rich commentary will be provided on what each Shabad is conveying.
- Different Schools of Thought: if there are different schools of thought or scholarly opinions on a line or Pauree, they will all be presented and included.
- Women are involved as scholars and leaders in this translation effort.
- Gender-Neutral Translations: the translations will avoid terms used in the past such as “Lord God” and “he.”
- Open Source: this project is hosted on the web, and accessible to all. People can use this open-source content to make Apps, etc.
- Power to the People: making the sacred concepts of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib accessible, so everyone can forge their own connection to the Guru.
Visit the Sikh Research Institute to Learn More about this Exciting Project!
Video: Official Launch of the Guru Granth Sahib Project
Click Here to Donate to this Project
The Sikh Research Institute welcomes feedback on this project, and all community talent and collective wisdom from the global Sangat. Contact the Sikh Research Institute if you would like to contribute. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply