From November 1st to November 13th, devotees across the globe will be joining together to celebrate the 550th Prakash Purab of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Each day at 5:oo pm (IST), there will be a live recitation of the Mul Mantra for 10 minutes in a different place around the world, creating a chain of devotees praying together across nations, regions, religions and time zones. Some of the cities will include where Jagatguru Guru Nanak Dev Ji travelled during his udasis – Nankana Sahib, Bangladesh and Bidar.
- November 1st – Sultanpur Lodhi, India
- November 2nd – Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- November 3rd – Freemont, CA, USA
- November 4th – TBD, Malaysia
- November 5th – TBD, India
- November 6th – TBD, Australia
- November 7th – Singapore
- November 8th – Bela Horizonte, Brazil
- November 9th – Richmond Hill, NY, USA
- November 10th – London, Great Britain
- November 11th – Nairobi, Kenya
- November 12th – Nanakana Sahib, Pakistan
- November 13th – Dubai, UAE
Check Your Time Zone
To find out when 5:00 pm IST is in your local time, visit World Time Buddy. There will be planned speakers, commemorating Guru Nanak Dev Ji starting 10 minutes prior to the chanting, so if possible, tune in early.
Let’s join together, repeating the Naad of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, in celebration of his legacy on this historic occasion.
Visit the Gurbani Gavah Bhai Facebook Page to find more details.
Leave a Reply
2 thoughts on “Global Chanting of the Mul Mantra”
Great act together. We are ONE. Even while in Newzealand my whole family is chanting the MOOL Mantra. Respect!!
Sikhism History says:
Thank you for sharing this blog. It helps to learn about Global Chanting of the Mul Mantra.