1. Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine, and a light Neck Lock.
2.The eyes are fixed at the tip of the nose. (This meditation is not to be done with the eyes closed).
3. Block the right nostril with the right thumb. Inhale slowly and deeply through the left nostril. Suspend the breath and pump the naval point 16 times while mentally chanting the mantra: WHAA-HAY GUROO.
4. Each of the 16 pumps of WHAA-HAY GUROO contain 3 progressively deeper pulls on the naval. Pull the naval in 1/3 of the way on WHAA, 1/3 farther in on HAY, and all the way in on GUROO.
5. After the 16 repetitions, unblock the right nostril. Place the right index finger (pinkie finger can also be used) to block off the left nostril, and exhale slowly and deeply through the right nostril.
6. Continue repeating the set of 16 pumps with the breath hold.
To End: Inhale, hold the breath 5-10 seconds, then exhale. Stretch the arms up and shake every part of your body for 1 minute, so the energy can spread.
Time: Start with five minutes a day, and gradually build the time to either 31 or 62 minutes. Maximum time is 2-1/2 hours for practice of this meditation.
Comments: This is one of the greatest meditations you can practice. It has considerable transformational powers. The personal identity is rebuilt, giving the individual a new perspective on the Self. It retrains the mind. According to the tantra shastras, it can purify your past karma and the subconscious impulses that may block you from fulfilling you. It balances all the 27 facets of life and mental projection, and gives you the pranic power of health and healing. It establishes inner happiness and a state of flow and ecstasy in life. It opens your inner universe to relate, co-create, and complete the external universe.
Treat the practice with reverence and increase your depth, dimensions, caliber, and happiness. It gives you a new start against all odds. This meditation cuts through all darkness. It will give you a new start. It is the simplest kriya, but at the same time the hardest. It cuts through all barriers of the neurotic or psychotic inside-nature. This kriya invokes the Kundalini to give you the necessary vitality and intuition to combat the negative effects of the subconscious mind.
Meditation images courtesy of Kundalini Mobile.