This extraordinary meditation is to be done with great precision. Make sure the hand mudra and the position of the hands over the head are held correctly and fixed. As you recite the Ik Acharee Chand mantra (Ajai Alai) of Guru Gobind Singh, hear each word as a world–each word as complete as you speak, projecting with the Fifth Chakra and vibrating the sound as naad with the Eighth Chakra. This will build and expand the Radiant Body. It is through this expanded Radiant Body that we can hold the link and space as teachers. With that radiance our communication becomes impersonally personal.
When the Radiant Body is depleted, we feel we have to do everything. We’re better than some people and worse than others. When your hidden agendas are put aside and your radiance is strong, your presence embodies your teacher. You are beyond comparison and act in love and duty to your students. You teach in the name of the teacher and take no finite claim. You act in love and dissolve yourself in the rhythms of infinity without hesitation. Without the full Radiant Body, we grasp for some security other than our Being and the Infinite. With the Radiant Body strong, our presence communicates contentment, containment, completeness and consciousness.
Time: 11 min – 22 min
Date Given: July 31, 2001
- Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine, and a light Neck Lock.
- Arc the arms over the head, with the fingers interlocked in-between the palms. Tuck the chin in, and pull the arms back and slightly downward until the hands are above the back of the neck.
- Chant the Ik Acharee Chand Shabad:
- Ajai Alai Abhai Abai Abhoo Ajoo Anaas Akaas
- Aganj Abhanj Alakh Abhakh Akaal Dyaal Alaykh Abhaykh
- Anaam Akaam Agaahaa Adhaahaa Anaathay Pramaathay Ajonee Amonee
- Na Raagay Na Rangay Na Roopay Na Raykay Akaramang Abharamang Aganjay Alaykhay
- Inhale deeply, suspend the breath and stretch the arms up high keeping the fingers interlaced. Exhale powerfully.
- Repeat 2 more times. Relax, shake out the hands
The following recording by Gurushabad Singh is recommended for this meditation.
This meditation is courtesy of the Library of Teachings
Reminder: when practicing Kundalini Yoga, remember to “Tune in” with the Adi Mantra before you begin
Read more about the Ajai Alai mantra
Leave a Reply
One thought on “Meditation to Develop the Radiant Body”
“At a certain moment, when your mind is clean, the last of your ten bodies, the radiant body begins to work. When your radiance starts to work, then you start living, loving and enjoying being a human .If your subconscious is clean so that your conscious and supreme conscious become one then you become a very beautiful human being. And that’s the purpose of the life to become a beautiful human being.”