The Lost Kriya of Yogi Bhajan taught by Guru Singh
With Music by Feather & Dot
“In 1968, Yogi Bhajan came to the West to bring the technology of Kundalini to those who would listen. To those that would awaken – in order to counteract the unconsciousness that’s taking place on Earth at this time in history. It was 1968 when he came here, and in 1971 – in January – he took the first trip back to India. 84 students went with him on that yatra. And when he got to India, they had already sent a vast amount of their money ahead to make preparations. One of Yogi Bhajan’s peers betrayed him and absconded with all of that capital. All of that money. There was no way of getting it back. There was no way of turning this around, in three dimensions. So, Yogi Bhajan went into a deep meditation. . .”
In this meditative state, Guru Ram Das personally gifted Yogi Bhajan the mantra Guru, Guru, Wahe Guru, Guru, Ram Das, Guru. When Yogi Bhajan returned from India to the US, he taught this kriya. There are three moves in this kriya.
- The first movement enables you to absorb the grace of Guru Ram Das.
- The second movement opens your spine to allow that grace to rise up through your system.
- The third movement allows you to reach forward and absorb the gifts of the Universe.
Experience The Lost Kriya of Yogi Bhajan!
Written Instructions for The Lost Kriya
The following are the instructions to practice The Lost Kriya with the mantra and instructional video:
1. Tune in with the Adi Mantra
2. Begin First Exercise at 1:07
• Hands in Pran Mudra (Ring & little fingers touching tip of thumb, pointer and middle fingers pointed up)
• Hands raised at shoulder height
• “Standing Shiva” posture balancing on one leg. The opposite leg is raised up and crossing the standing leg
• Begin bouncing up and down on one leg, alternating legs every 30 seconds.
• Chant aloud, powerfully from the navel
3. Begin Second Exercise at 4:45
• Horse stance, feet past shoulder width.
• Arms raised above head, hands interlocked with pointer fingers pointed up (same as Sat Kriya). Continue chanting out loud.
4. Begin Third Exercise at 9:07
• Remain in horse stance.
• Reach forward with alternating hands forming a fist as you pull back towards the waist (the opposite of a punch), pulling the energy towards the diaphram.
• Chant powerfully
5. Begin Fourth Exercise at 11:57
• Stand still with hands palms up, arms waist high
• Eyes closed, breathing slowly and deeply until end
Please note that the instructions for this kriya are from the personal notes of Guru Singh Khalsa and were not reviewed by KRI. This kriya falls under KRIs standard review for teachings from legacy teachers in good standing with KRI, IKYTA and EPS that have not been reviewed by KRI for accuracy. In this instance, KRI feels that the kriya is valid and can be taught by certified teachers.